Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises


It's 4:17 AM.

I saw it. It was amazing. I don't think I have enough words in my vocabulary (which is comprised of three languages) to express how much I loved this film.

It might be the fatigue, but I honestly cannot think of anything I didn't like about this movie.

Well, I have a question about how far a nuclear bomb needs to be in order to not be detrimental to a city and the surrounding wildlife environment around it. However, that's pretty much irrelevant.

Because The Dark Knight Rises was UNBELIEVABLE. I am in awe over what a well-crafted story it was. How does someone do that? How do you link so many elements together? My dorky-English-self definitely saw that the symbolism in some of the shots was undeniably intentional and incredibly poetic.

Here's just a few bullet points (without any spoilers):

  • Anne Hathaway. I love her. I loved her even before the makeover in The Princess Diaries. I knew she was going to be an amazing Catwoman, and she was. Dear Christopher Nolan, thank you for not making Catwoman crazy, obsessed with cats, obsessed with cat jokes, blonde, disgustingly skinny, and/or over-sexualized. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I wish I could write spoilers. I spoke of symbolism? Watch the end and and think about the title.
  • Bane. Tom Hardy. Bane. Tom Hardy.
  • Effing cool gadgets.
  • Evocative dialogue.
  • Christian Bale, the best Batman to date. Although embarrassingly, I grew up loving George Clooney as Batman. I attribute this to Batgirl being in the movie and my overwhelming love of superheroines in the media.
I can't think anymore. I'm so tired. I just want to drift into a happy, wonderful, post-movie, fuzzy-feelings sleep.

MK says...5/5. 10/5. 100/5. Go see it. The end. Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment